Wednesday, August 5, 2009

50 bands I have seen live (I'm on my way)

Test your memory and your love of live music by listing 50 artists or bands (or as many as you can remember) you've seen in concert. List the first 50 acts that come into your head. An act you saw at a festival and opening acts count, but only if you can't think of 50 other artists. Oh, and list the first concert you ever saw (you can remember that, can’t you)?
Should you choose this challenge, here's what you do: Copy my note. Click on “notes” under tabs on your profile page. Select "write a new note" in the top corner. Paste the copy in the body of the note. Make your list. Change the number at the top, and add your title. Once you've saved, don't forget to tag friends (including me) on the right.

(I didn't distinguish between opening acts, festival acts, one-off performances and proper concert sets because I'm lazy and it buffs up my list)

1. Sam Roberts (x3)
2. Mother Mother
3. Arkells (x2)
4. Great Lake Swimmers
5. Rock Plaza Central
6. The Breakmen
7. Basia Bulat
8. Dan Mangan (x2)
9. The Weakerthans (x2)
10. The Constantines
11. Joel Plaskett Emergency
12. Joel Plaskett with family and friends (3 tour)
13. Veda Hille
14. Geoff Berner
15. Immaculate Machine
16. Lightning Dust
17. Coldplay
18. Snow Patrol
19. Howling Bells
20. Metric (acoustic)
21. Jeremy Fisher
22. Hey Ocean! (x3)
23. Hey Rosetta! (partially)
24. Stars
25. Michael Buble (the first concert I paid for with my own money)
26. Starfield (x2 or 3)
27. The Stills (x2)
28. Hawksley Workman
29. Kathleen Edwards
30. City and Colour
31. Sarah McLachlan
32. The Trews
33. Hannah Georgas
34. Matthew Barber
35. TFK
36. Reset to Beautiful :)
37. Abel
38. Bria Skonberg
39. Shad
40. Tokyo Police Club
41. Naturally 7
42. The Roots
...

eh, I'm really stretching it by now. :\

Artists that I love (or have loved) that I have yet to see live (or play a proper set):
43. Kathleen Edwards
44. Matt Mays (& El Torpedo no more, sadface.)
45. Alicia Keys
46. K'naan
47. Shad
48. Jason Collett
49. Jill Barber
50. Metric (full band)
51. MGMT
52. Foo Fighters