Tuesday, August 10, 2010

NEW ALBUM : Owen Pallett - A Swedish Love Story EP


Owen Pallett will be releasing A Swedish Love Story will be available on 10” and digital download. The first 20 pre-orders will also receive a bonus Lewis Takes Action 7".

"To contrast Heartland's convoluted record process, and also to cut myself a break, I recorded this EP in New York City over a week, using not much more than my violin, my Moog, a bass and a drum kit. It's closer in sound to my first album Has A Good Home than anything else. It's called A Swedish Love Story in tribute to one of my favourite films En Karlekshistoria and as a love letter to the Swedish pop stars who inspired it. This is probably the most posi record I'll ever make, enjoy the mood while it lasts."








Pallett has a few upcoming tour dates in Canada below:

OCT 25 Calgary
Knox United Church

OCT 26 Edmonton
Myer Horowitz Theatre

OCT 27 Saskatoon
Amigos

OCT 28 Winnipeg
Garrick Centre