Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tune of the Day: Peter Elkas - Sweet Nancy


This is an oldie but a goodie... Peter Elkas and his sweet, sweet soul. A short description by New Scotland Records:
For fans of The Boss, Tom Petty and Sam Cooke. Peter used to play in The Local Rabbits while delivering ice cream for Nestle in Montreal.
Also, watch the video below and see why he was given the CBC Radio 3 Bucky award for Sexiest Musician. He has a smile that could make mermaids swoon... and he writes songs accordingly. His music is earnest and warm, and incredibly charming. I'm looking forward to digging more into his discography.

Peter Elkas - Sweet Nancy
Album: Wall of Fire



Sweet Nancy we gotta stop dancing
This song is getting much too long
And all our friends can’t be wrong
Sweet Nancy we gotta stop dancing
All these people cutting in
They’re deepening the rut we’re in

I know you don’t believe me
But I think it’s time you leave me now

Sweet Nancy we gotta stop dancing
Don’t tell me you don’t know it’s true
I found a love with someone new

Sweet Nancy we gotta stop dancing
Though I could never be your man
There’s someone out there who can

And I know you don’t believe me
But I think it’s time you leave me now

And I’m tired of being sorry but I’ll always be
Sorry for the times I should’ve set you free
And when you go away you know I won’t write
But I hope you find someone who wants to hold you every night
I hope you find someone who wants to hold you every night


And in another video with CBC Radio 3, where Elkas reveals his day-time occupation...