Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tune of the Day - Sept 15, 2009


Hey Rosetta! - Holy Shit (What A Relief)

Off their lush, orchestral and haunting Polaris-nominated disc into your lungs (and around in your heart and on through your blood).

I can't find a Youtube clip or an audio clip anywhere (it's not even on their MySpace), so you'll have to take my word for it that this is a song that really, truly is excellent. It exemplifies the load-off-your-back feeling when you shed one of your long-lurking, dark demons, and you feel a relief that courses through your body. Try finding it off their website on the mini player in the top right hand corner...

Holy shit, what a relief

I pulled myself apart, couldn't breathe, tore my hair, bit my skin
I thought of all the dark, all the ash, all the blood, all the grief
I told myself look up - told myself look up and believe
and now this peace - like a blanket - enveloping me.
and holy shit
what a relief...
the worst has come
and turned to leave
and holy shit
what a relief!
all that weight falling from me
and all that breath finally free

This is another song I really like from them - I've Been Asleep For A Long, Long Time. I'm hoping that indirectly, you'll really enjoy this song and check out Holy Shit, which is really a song to heave a large sigh to after a long, difficult time in your life.

(thank you, God.)