Thursday, September 10, 2009

Tunes of the day - 09/09/09

It's technically past midnight now, but who's complaining?

Below are some songs that I saved in my CBC Radio 3 personal playlist. As I was looking through the playlist and deleting songs that have since been purchased, I came across a few gems. So this is not only for your listening pleasure, but to remind myself to look even more into these artists!

So below are a sampling of songs that have caught my ear over the past couple of months, with short introductions. Enjoy!

P.S. I've turned off the autoplay, which should make things a lot less annoying.


1. Jesse Matheson - The French Song
Can't catch the lyrics? You should've paid attention in French class.




2. Handsome Furs - I'm Confused
Sex appeal oozing Polaris long listers make undeniably danceable track.



3. K'naan - Soobax
An infectious track from the debut album of this twice Polaris short-listed Somalian-Canadian MC.



4. Peaches - Talk To Me
An electro-dance track. Songs that trigger involuntary hip swaying seemed to have grasped me over the past couple of months, apparently.



5. Doug Paisley - Broken In Two
And now, to slow you down after the twitching dancing the past couple of tracks may have induced.