Friday, September 4, 2009

Tune of the Day: Rah Rah - Duet for Emmylou and the Grievous Angel

Rah Rah, a band from Regina, Saskatchewan, have this little gem in their latest Going Steady that I almost forgot about until a fellow blogger at NxEW brought it up... The lyrics are pure gold, and it's definitely the most refreshingly blunt "see-ya" song I've heard in a while.
Rah Rah - Duet for Emmylou and the Grievous Angel
To listen to the song, go to their MySpace.
I don’t miss you now but I will when you’re gone
And this is the reason I keep holding on
Because you are lovely and because you are old
And these are the most desirable traits to be found in a woman I am told

It is fashionable
To be single
In big cities
But not in small towns
In Regina
Saskatchewan
I fell in love
With her frown
I won’t miss you now but I will once we’re done
Sometimes I strain myself trying to recall the last time we had fun
‘Cause you’re soft as smoke and you got no fear
And these are the most desirable traits to be found in a man I hear
I won’t kiss you now but I will once you’re gone
I won’t miss you now I won’t miss you at all
I won’t kiss you now too afraid that you’ll cry
I won’t miss you now and I won’t give a shit if you die


Some upcoming tour dates:
Sept 17th – Vancouver, BC – Wise Hall
Sept 18th – Kelowna, BC – The Habitat
Sept 20th – Calgary, AB – Broken City
Sept 23rd – Regina, SK – The Club
Sept 24th – Winnipeg, MB – Lo Pub
Sept 25th – Thunder Bay, ON – Black Pirate’s Pub
Sept 26th – Sudbury, ON – Adenac Ski Lunge
Sept 28th – Toronto, ON – El Mocambo
Oct 2nd – Montreal, QC – Bar St. Laurent II
Oct 3rd – Montreal, QC – 3 Minots
Oct 10th – Fredricton, NB – The Capital
Oct 11th – Halifax, NS – Gus’
Oct 16th – St. John’s, Nl – The Rockhouse
Oct 17th – St. John’s, NL – The Ship
Oct 22nd – Toronto, ON – El Mocambo
Oct 23rd – Hamilton, ON – This Ain’t Hollywood
Oct 26th – London, ON – Black Shire Pub
Oct 27th – Windsor, ON – Phog Lounge